Microsoft will discontinue support for Internet Explorer 11 on April 11, 2017. This decision does not mean that Internet Explorer will be discontinued and you won’t be able to use any third-party websites or apps anymore. Internet Explorer will continue to be supported on Windows 10 at least until 2020.
Microsoft has finally discontinued software support for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10. This means that the latest version of Internet Explorer will no longer work with the latest versions of Microsoft 365 apps. IE11 will still function within your browser, but all software that was built for IE11 will not function with it.
Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) was Microsoft’s latest move to push all of their users to use their Edge browser. But will it be enough to prevent end users from falling back on IE11?
He spent most of his time building new talents and learning more about the tech industry, since he was passionate about technology, Windows, and everything that has a power button. Coming from a strong background in computer science,… Read more
- Microsoft has announced that support for another another obsolete piece of software will be phased out beginning next month.
- Internet Explorer 11 users will no longer be able to connect to Microsoft 365 services starting in August.
- Connection failures will occur if you do such operations, and there is little you can do about it.
- It’s been updated. Because no more support will be offered, changing your browser is the logical choice.
Microsoft 365 products and services will no longer support the old Internet Explorer 11 web browser from August 17, 2021, according to the Redmond tech giant.
Users still trying to connect to Microsoft 365 once this popular but antiquated browser’s end of support is reached will face connection failures, as this action will no longer be feasible.
There will be no more. Internet Explorer 11 is supported by Microsoftt 365.
Users who have problems accessing Microsoft 365 apps or services after August 17 using Internet Explorer 11 will not be supported, according to the tech company.
To ensure a smooth end of support, these apps and services will be phased out over weeks and months, with each app and service phasing out on its own schedule.
Furthermore, the firm will not release any new features, and the daily experience will most certainly deteriorate until the Microsoft 365 apps and services are phased away gradually.
Furthermore, using the new Microsoft Edge’s Internet Explorer mode would not assist extend IE11 access to Microsoft 365 products once support ends.
Starting August 17th, this will essentially be the 365 experience for Internet Explorer 11 users:
- Beginning August 17, 2021, people coming in with AAD accounts will continue to receive the full OWA experience but will no longer acquire new features, whilst users checking in with Microsoft Accounts (MSA) will be diverted to the Outlook Web App Light experience.
- Open with Explorer/View in File Explorer (SharePoint): We recognize that certain customers may prefer to browse document libraries using Open with Explorer and View in File Explorer (only available in Internet Explorer 11). To avoid any inconvenience, these clients will be able to use these features in IE11’s document library for the time being. These features are still in maintenance mode and aren’t being developed any further. For a better user experience and simpler access to data, we recommend that all customers switch to a contemporary browser and use OneDrive sync. Please read this Docs post for further information on how to prepare your SharePoint system for the end of IE11 support.
- All other apps and services will be phased out over the course of weeks and months to guarantee a smooth termination of support, with each app and service phasing out on its own timetable.
If you fall into the above-mentioned category, you should begin developing fresh goals for the future. According to the Redmond tech firm, the best option is to update or replace your browser totally.
In addition, on November 30, 2020, Microsoft Teams will no longer support Internet Explorer 11.
Microsoft has already stated that the legacy browser would be phased out of select Windows 10 editions on June 15, 2022, and will be replaced by the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge.
We’ll have to get used to the fact that Microsoft will be discontinuing support for an increasing number of outdated apps we’ve used over the years.
Is Internet Explorer 11 still your go-to browser? What browser will you use after 365 support for this one is no longer available? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
When it comes to enhancing the functionality of Microsoft and Windows 10 applications, Microsoft 365 is one of the best platforms on the market. As part of the latest service offering, all enterprise customers will be able to tap into the cloud services within the Microsoft 365 platform. For those who aren’t familiar, this means enterprises will be able to use the service to access Microsoft 365 cloud-based apps and services, such as Mail, Calendar and People.. Read more about internet explorer 12 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Internet Explorer 11 still supported by Microsoft?
Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported by Microsoft.
What is replacing Internet Explorer 11?
Microsoft Edge is the new browser replacing Internet Explorer 11.
Why does IE 11 not work?
IE 11 is not compatible with the Windows 10 operating system.