We recently received an email to our support desk with the following error message: “An error has occurred in the transaction. The response was generated, but not received by the issuer. This could be because the future response was lost, or because the request was not authenticated or encrypted. Help for this error is provided below. Please check the certificate chain using the `OCSP_CERT_TRUSTED_ID` and `OCSP_CERT_RELEVANT` fields in the error output. If you have any more information about this error, please report this issue to us using the `feedback` button in this message. Instagram is a photo-sharing application developed by Instagram, Inc. It is
You may have encountered a new error message in your Firefox browser: The error message, which is more commonly known as SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE, means you’re waiting for the OCSP response from the server that contains the response for your certificate. That is, the OCSP response which you’re expecting from the server you’re connecting to.
The issue above is very similar to the one that I experienced about a week ago, and I don’t believe it is going to get any better. I was in a hurry, so I chose the simplest possible solution. I went to the Firefox add-ons page, deleted the OpenSSL package, restarted Firefox, and prayed that everything would work. It turned out that the problem was in my Firefox profile, so I had to recreate it. I know that the above method will not work in the future.
RECOMMENDED: To repair Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
You are not alone if you see the error SEC ERROR OCSP FUTURE RESPONSE in Firefox. The identical issue has been reported by a large number of Firefox users. When files containing CSS components are opened in the Firefox browser, the error usually appears. For websites linked through HTTPS, the error is then generated.
Fortunately, the Firefox error SEC ERROR OCSP FUTURE RESPONSE may be fixed in a number of methods. Examine the techniques below to determine which one will assist you in resolving the issue.
What causes the SEC ERROR OCSP FUTURE RESPONSE issue in Firefox?
Because the computer is configured to a future date, the error code SEC ERROR OCSP FUTURE RESPONSE is often linked with an OSCSP response that is invalid. In other words, the issue may be caused by an improperly configured computer clock.
The issue is considerably more prevalent in Firefox versions 47 and lower. The issue seems to be caused by a Mozilla Firefox bug that affects the presentation of some CSS components. Fortunately, Mozilla has already addressed this issue in v51 with a patch.
How can I fix the “SEC ERROR OCSP FUTURE RESPONSE” issue in Firefox?
Updated in August 2022:
For your mistake, we now suggest that you use this tool. This program also corrects common computer problems, protects you from file loss, viruses, and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimum performance. With this program, you can rapidly repair your PC issues and prevent others from occurring:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that may be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To correct all problems, click “Repair All.”
Firefox needs to be updated
- Fire up Firefox.
- Select the “Open Firefox” menu option from the drop-down menu.
- To access additional menu choices, go to Help.
- Choose About Firefox from the drop-down menu.
- To update Firefox, click Restart.
OCSP Checking is disabled
- Launch Firefox.
- Preferences may be found by going to the Settings menu and selecting Preferences.
- On the left side of the tab, choose Privacy and Security.
- Select the option to ‘Query OCSP responder servers to check current certificate validity.’
- Uncheck the option that says “Request OCSP responder server.”
- Restart Firefox after closing it.
On Windows 10, you may check the time and date.
- On the right side of the taskbar, click the clock.
- Press the Windows + S keyboard shortcut.
- In the search box, type the term time.
- To enter the Settings window, click Change date and time.
- Activate the option to set the time automatically.
- Restart your computer or laptop.
- To manually change the time and date settings, click the Edit button.
- Restart Windows by clicking the Edit button.
RECOMMENDED: To troubleshoot Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
“sec error ocsp future response” nearly usually means that your system clock has been set to a previous date or time. Check to see whether the following three Windows characteristics are correct:
- Select About Firefox from the menu bar, then click Help.
- Click on the menu button and then on. Select About Firefox from the Help menu.
- The Mozilla About page A new Firefox window appears. Firefox automatically looks for updates and downloads them.
- To update Firefox, click Restart once the download is complete.
- Click Where you may add an exception on the Error page.
- Add an exception by clicking the Add button.
- Select Retrieve Certificate from the menu.
- To see a window explaining the issue with the z/OSMF site, click View.
- Close the dialog box after confirming the certificate.
- To trust the z/OSMF site, click Confirm Security Exception.
Look for the SSL analysis function in the settings of the security program you’re using. Once you’ve found it, uncheck the box that says it’s turned on. Try visiting the page again once you’ve deactivated this function in your security software.
requently Asked Questions
How do I fix compatibility issues in Firefox?
You can try using a different browser such as Chrome or Safari.
How do I fix does not connect potential security issues in Firefox?
In order to fix this issue, you will need to uninstall and reinstall Firefox.
How do I fix SSL error in Firefox?
To fix the SSL error in Firefox, you need to make sure that your computer is using a secure connection. This can be done by going to the about:config page and changing the security.ssl.enable_client_auth preference from false to true
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- how do i open firefox preferences?
- how do i get back my menu bar?
- hotmail not working in firefox
- hotmail not working on firefox 2018
- your firefox is critically out of date disable