According to anecdotal evidence, cannabidiol (CBD) products are effective as a sleep aid, pain reliever, stress reliever, and performance enhancer. The product is gaining popularity as an alternative medicine to pain relief pills and other traditional medicine. Despite CBD being obtained from the marijuana plant like the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), it has minimal mind-altering effects.
CBD Products for Back Pain
Back spasms are pretty stubborn and can prevent you from performing your daily activities. CBD products have pain-relieving properties which are effective in managing acute and chronic back pains. According to a study done in 2018, CBD products are quite beneficial for patients suffering from nerve-related pains and fibromyalgia. If such conditions cause you back spasms, CBD products can help alleviate such pain.
Also, these products are alternative medicine to opioids which have the potential of causing addiction in patients. According to a study, medical marijuana products help patients minimize addiction to opioid use when managing chronic pain.
How Do CBD Products Work to Reduce Back Spasms?
The effectiveness of medical marijuana products in managing back pains is still in its infancy stage. However, several studies show that products from Botanicam are effective in managing general pain in the body.
There are several ways that medical marijuana products work to minimize pain in the body. Some of the primary methods include:
- Reducing inflammation on the affected tissues
- Alleviating anxiety which may cause chronic back spasms
- Improving sleep and relaxation
Notably, some studies claim that CBD products affect how your brain perceives pain. It also minimizes oxidative stress and inflammation by working as an antioxidant which will dramatically reduce back pain.
Typically, CBD helps in reducing the effects of discomfort and pain in patients suffering from multiple conditions. The products can help in relaxing the body’s pains and aches, especially in numerous suffering from arthritis.
Ways to Use CBD for Back Pain
There are many forms of CBD available in the market, and some manufacturers notoriously peddle very inferior products to the consumers. Thus it is essential to scrutinize the ingredients and potency of each product before using them. Some of the types available in the market include:
You can either opt to use CBD oil or topical in managing back spasms. When using CBD oils, you can mix the products with food or drinks or ingest them sublingually. The oil is directly absorbed in your bloodstream and interacts with the endocannabinoid system, which will block pain receptors. The pain receptors will not transmit pain signals to the brain about the pain you are experiencing or the discomfort on your back.
It is important to note that CBD products don’t offer curative options for back spasms. It is intrinsic to consult a qualified health practitioner who can efficiently treat the cause of the problem.
Additionally, you can opt to use CBD topical agents to manage chronic pain associated with back spasms. The cream is directly absorbed through the skin and helps reduce inflammation, discomfort, muscle soreness, and pain in your back. Most manufacturers blend this product with other therapeutical products such as arnica, menthol, or lemongrass oils, potentially reducing pain.
How to Choose Best CBD Products for Back Spasms
Due to the mushrooming of multiple brands in the CBD space, it is possible to find illegal and inferior products in the market. According to the Food and Drug Association (FDA), legal CBD products should have a THC percentage of less than 0.3% according to the certificate of analysis (COA). Such medical marijuana yield guarantees that consumption of such products will not cause “high” feelings in the individual.
Some of the factors to consider when purchasing online CBD products include:
Lab Results from Independent Third Party
A trusted brand should allow an independent third-party laboratory to test the quality, contents, safety, and potency of CBD products. The report’s summary should be comprehensively stated in a COA which will help you determine the purity and efficacy of the product.
It is vital to purchase medical marijuana products strictly from brands that have a valid COA. Some of the information that you can obtain from the COA include:
- The cannabinoids-the certificate states how much CBD and THC are contained in the product. This ensures that you don’t purchase illegal products that have more than 0.03% of THC content.
- Terpenes-these are other valuable products that are found in medical marijuana products. They are believed to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Herbicides and pesticides-pure CBD products should be free from any chemicals during the planting and processing period. The COA should indicate that CBD products are free from pesticides and herbicides.
- Heavy metals-some Some metals that should be tested include lead, arsenic, mercury, and copper. The COA should indicate that medical marijuana products should free from toxic heavy metals.
- Microbials-These includes viruses, bacteria, and fungi found in plants or acquired during marijuana products. The independent third-party testing should indicate that the products are free from bacteria or fungi, which may cause harm to human beings.
- Mycotoxins-some of the most common mycotoxins found in CBD products include aflatoxin or ochratoxin and can cause potential health hazards in the body.
The Source of the Hemp
Quality CBD products should be sourced from U.S or EU grown hemp. The hemp is grown under regulated conditions, thus assures you that the products are of high quality. Such plants are nurtured under natural conditions with zero herbicides and pesticides. They are also GMO-free which gives a final product that is of high quality and is potent.
CBD products are now being used widely in the management of back spasms. The products have therapeutic effects that effectively reduce inflammation, pain, muscle soreness, and any back discomfort. However, it is essential to note that CBD has various side effects and should be used proportionately. Ensure you consult your physician for dosage advice and assess the condition causing acute or chronic back pains.